Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bissel Baby

Shortly after Campbell turned one month old, I learned a trick that has saved my life. My friends baby had colic and her doctor told her that sometimes colicky babies are soothed by the sound of a vacuum. Campbell didn't have colic but she would cry uncontrollably for no reason. So..I gave it a shot. Sure enough, my bissel vac stopped C's cry in it's tracks. C will be 4 months old on the 25th and the vacuum still does the trick. I use it almost everyday. Luckily, I haven't burned a hole in the carpet. I think it's funny that Fisher Price implants all these lulabuys into their swings, bouncers etc. and Campbell would much rather listen to the bissel. I'm sure when she understands what the vacuum is really used for she will end the relationship.

Side note: Sometimes I just write C instead of Campbell. I'm not trying to be trendy or hip. I never refer to her as C around the house. I'm just lazy sometimes.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh the day's of the bissels! I did it with all of my kids, but it was Avery's favorite. She had colic and it would always stop the crying for a few minutes. The best few minutes of the evening!!!
I wish it still worked.

Libby said...

I love the side note. Also-I have noticed an above average amount of vacuum sounds coming from the basement at mom's house. I just thought you were a mega cleaner! And I was a little jealous. My vacuum comes out of retirement about once a month. Yes, I just admitted that.