Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Rad Issue Of My Life



I've been digging through old boxes today in hopes of finding some long lost photographs. In my search, I stumbled upon my old "Hello Kitty Diary." I think I got it in elementary school but since I'm horrible at journal writing it lasted until my sophmore year in highschool. I opened to the first page and died laughing.


Apparently I decided to name my diary "the rad issue of my life." The illustration is pretty self explanatory. I hated school(snowcrest) and wished to stabb the building with a knife(that's supposed to be blood dripping from the knife).
I'm surprised I had friends. With all the violence in schools these days I'm sure I would have been under surveillance. You might notice that I covered up the bottom portion of the page on the left. Maybe because it was an illustration involving another weapon. So, this is pretty revealing. I'm okay posting it right now. Don't be surprised if I take it down. I do that sometimes if I feel that I've given too much information. Well, I must say I continued reading my little diary and I felt like I didn't know the girl who wrote it. I was really embarrassed for myself. I've always felt that I can share anything with Nate. I would seriously die if he read this diary. I'm considering burning it. If my children got a hold of it they would think their mother was the biggest dork.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin,
Halt.......don't take it down. It seriously made my day. You were a dork. All junior high kids are dorks, just ask Aaron, he teaches them. Keep it, then when Campbell is confused about who she is, she will know her mother felt dorky as well. I am dying to know what is behind the paper. Rock/Paper/sissors/hatchet???
FunnnnnnnnnnY! momma
PS Have you looked at Junior HIgh pictures of me? Can you say
D O R K Y ????????

the Rabes said...

How funny!! That made me laugh. Wow! You were one creative child. I am sure all children feel that way about school. I think you drew the same pics of CSI when we were working together.. J/K. Diary's are the best.

Lindsay AJ said...

Don't do it! Rob I love that you put that on your blog. Just for you I may have to pull out my Jr. High journal (which I also considered tearing out about half the pages most of which discuss my undying love for Ben H. ) and put it on my blog too. We are all emotional crazies in Jr. High (hmmmm, I am still sometimes) Your children will love love LOVE to see that their mom was a kid once AND a crazy teenager just like them!

Nikki said...

That journal is so you, Rob. It's hilarious. I've thought about burning my journals several times. Especially my first one. You and Holly used to tease me about Mitch M., remember? I wrote several pages about him in the third grade and I ripped them out ages ago. Actually I probably ripped them out the next year. Why does it pain us so much to read about how we used to be?

Heather said...

This is hilarious!!! I re-read some of my old journals when we moved and I felt ashamed of myself. I wrote 3 journal entries IN A ROW about how fast I ran. Pathetic much??