Saturday, March 8, 2008

I think it's kind of awkward.....

I think red lights can be awkward. Today I was stopped at a red light and I looked over and saw a friend of mine. I honked we waved exchanged "how are yous" etc. Light turns green we both drive only to stop at almost every red light on the blvd. We are talking miles of road. I've been in this situation many times before and I still don't know what is expected of me. I don't want to be rude. Do I acknowledge my friend at every single red light? I usually fumble with my cell phone or pretend to search for something. I'm probably not preaching to the choir on this one. I'm probably just awkward. The end.

5 comments:

Carly said...

I'm with you, it's awkward...

Libby said...

I even think this is awkward if it happens with a family member. How many times do you really need to say goodbye? I usually pretend not to notice after the first go around.

Bree said...

OK-I am one of Libs friends and I always lurk onto your blog (I promise I am not weird). I always look forward to reading what hilarious thing you will come up with next. Anyway, so HI! Also I am totally with you on this one, I too think this is awkward..sometimes even if this person is a stranger. I too pretend to look for something. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. THE END!

Nikki said...

I hear ya. Next time turn at the next light and take a detour just so you don't do it again. This reminds me of a story. Remind me to tell you sometime.

Heather said...

I'm the same way. I always feel so dumb and unsure of what to do.