Sunday, September 28, 2008

What the FROG!

Friday morning(early morning)as I lay in bed I heard a thump and then Campbell's cry. I assumed she bumped her head on her crib and it woke her up. I went in her room to comfort her and heard another thump coming from the window well. I thought for sure it was a bird because it has happened before. It was dark outside and I couldn't see anything so I left it at that. When I woke up for the day I opened the curtains to see what the deal was and this big guy was looking at me.



This is the biggest frog I have ever seen. I googled him and it looks like he is a north american bullfrog. Who knew! Nate's sister Sarah is in town and she was brave enough to retrieve him from the window. We let him go in the backyard. Who knows where he is now. The neighbor was mowing the lawn at the time so hopefully he found a safe path. Seriously...what the frog!

7 comments:

Libby said...

Yikes! That is so gross. I think frogs are terrifying. You can always count on Sari to be the gutsy one in the family.

the Rabes said...

What a scary thing to wake up to. Did you have Campbell kiss it? Maybe her prince is just waiting for her outside her window.

Carly said...

I'm always amazed at the critters that show up around that place.

Lindsay JJ said...

Had the exact same thing happen to me when I was a kid. I had never seen a bigger frog til I saw your visitor. What a specimen! Kermie would be jealous! Adoreable hair by the way... on you.... not the frog.... he's bald.

shelby said...

That is hilarious!! Frogs scare me to.

Audrey said...

Ok that is a monster frog! It is actually pretty cute, for a frog!
Happy Birthday little Campbell!! She is simply adorable! Looks like she hit the mother load on the gift pile! What a cute mom you are! You look adorable with your new cut and your adorable outfit! (as always)
It is so fun to see them grow and learn and become little people but in the same moment it is so sad to lose that little sweet baby! Guess that is why we have more eh??

Heather said...

OH MY! That thing is huge!!!