Friday, September 26, 2008

Campbell is ONE!

Campbell's 1st birthday was Thursday the 25th. I asked her if she felt any different and she just looked at me. I think that's a no. We celebrated with ice cream, cake and a pinata. We are so thankful for everyone that was able to come out to honor our little birthday girl.
I just want to document a few things she is doing at 12 months/1yr old
-army crawling(Nate calls it the wounded marine)
-just starting to pull herself up onto small things. Not ready for a coffee table just yet.
-new sound effects: When she sees a can of soda or any drink she gasps like she just took a drink
-new words: baby, mama & dada(she knows what they mean), ball(sounds like bah) Ah Oh...get it!
-tricks: If you say Campbell where's my nose she will grab it. She knows where my eyes are too.
-favorite activites: peek-a-boo with Dad, crawling into the bathroom(sick), sliding on the wood floors
-she doesn't self feed. I have to feed her everything. She does like milk..Hooray!
-her wave has advanced from a two handed wave to an official one handed wave.
-she likes itsy bitsy spider by Grandma Jan.
-she carries lip gloss with her all day long(she doesn't apply it, she just likes to hold it. If I take it away she screams like the dickens)
-she leans in for a kiss and gives me hugs(melts my heart)
Here are some pictures from the birthday bash. I think we were focused on the video camera so of course I only have a few pictures.

Campbell sitting in one of the gift boxes.


Random party pics


10 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Campbell!!!

Carly said...

Yay for the cutest hat ever - Yay for your cute new hair - Yay for Campbell being born. Love ya.

Nate said...

I would just like to add that Campbell is also capable of unlocking my cellphone, so if anybody out there(anybody meaning-the entire civilized world) is getting conversation-free calls from me, this could be why.

Libby said...

It was such a lovely party. You need to post a picture of that wonderful pinata. It was breathtaking!!!

the Rabes said...

Happy 1st Campbell!! What I can't believe she is already 1. Time flys. It looks like she had such a cute birthday..love the party hat. You do know how to plan a good extravaganza!!

Colleen said...

Robs,
If you don't have an official picture of the pinata, It can be seen on my blog. Great party, wonderful Campbell. I love her. by the way, if your looking for her lip gloss it is at my house!!
Huggs and kisses to you both!!!

Love grandmommy

Priscila said...

Happy belated birthday Campbell! We wish we could have been there for the party. We hope you had fun and lots of fun presents. We love you and miss you.

Mac, Priscila, Lili, John and Samuel

PS: I love your hair Robin (Priscila)

shelby said...

Great party!! Great Pinata!! We love Campbell

Heather said...

Happy Late Birthday!!! She is such a doll! And I'm lovin' your hair!!! We need to get together soon.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Campbell! She's gotten so big and still cute as a button! Wow, where has the time gone? It's been a year already? Hope all is well.