Monday, April 21, 2008

Poker Face


I used to work with a lady that would interpret the "looks" her dog would give her. For example...Spot looked at me like "are you serious?" Or Spot looked at me like "are you really going to wear that?" Huh? I don't know if I really believe that dogs are having these thoughts. With that said, I find myself doing the same thing with my daughter. Interpretting some of her looks. This is an example of one of her famous faces. It usually makes an appearance when someone is exhausting all efforts to get her to crack a smile. I like to call it her "tough crowd" look. My Dad has some really good sound effects and this is what she gives him in return. My dad gives up after a while and says "one of these days I'll break ya." Don't get me wrong, she really is a smiley baby. It's only when you really want her to lay on the charm that she offers this blank but cute stare. I'm not going to encourage a career in poker but my little gal sure can keep a straight face.

P.S. My sister took this picture. She gave Campbell a little photo shoot and I love how the pics turned out. I would post every single one but that would be going a little overboard.

5 comments:

Libby said...

That dress is so cute. I love that little bundle!! She's just a little selective with her smiles. We'll still keep her.

Anonymous said...

Robs,
Campbell, is so cute. I love her personality. She doen't give much away. so when she does, it makes it all the more fun. I love all the pictures of her and can't wait to get my share. Love momma

Molly said...

I love the poker face! Thanks for the message yesterday. It's hard to answer the phone when we're in the NICU. Plus I know I'll cry when I hear your voice like I did when I heard your message, so I'll call you when you'll actually be able to understand what I'm saying! Love ya Rob!

Heather said...

she's such a doll!!!

the Rabes said...

Love it!! She is getting so BIG! I wish I could have seen you in UT. Sorry things were so crazy!!