Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just "Touching Base"

Some time ago my friend Megan and I decided that the phrase "just wanted to touch base" was pretty hilarious. Meg is pretty funny so I'm sure it was the way that she delivered it that made us think it was particularly comical. Any who...I just wanted to "touch base" with my blog. I was trying to remember what I did last Valentines day and it was a struggle so I figured I better jot down V-day '08.
My contribution to the holiday consisted of a homemade card and a heart decorated wall next to Nate's computer. I tried to make it funny. It's always kind of sad when I have to point out my humorous efforts to Nate. For example, I stapled a red construction paper heart to the seat on his computer chair. It said "The Hot Seat" in black magic marker. He said "did you write that because I am usually in trouble when I'm sitting here?" "Ummm no, I meant it like, you know your cute." Ahh..forget it. I guess I'm not as funny as I think I am. Eh, what da ya do?
We started out the day with a nice breakfast and then we had a card exchange. Nate gave me a birthday card that he converted into a V-day card. He said all the cards were pretty cheesy so it left him no choice. I loved it! It was very clever. Later in the day we went to the Olive Garden to eat and then we decided to spend the evening at home with our infant child. Valentines of '08 didn't involve a carriage ride around temple square or a rose trail leading to a diamond pile but it was just the way I like it...low-key.

P.S. As I was writing this Nate yelled from the other room "honey you might have married a nerd but at least you didn't marry a dork." Love that guy.

3 comments:

the Rabes said...

I love you two! That sounds like a fun holiday! I like the hot seat idea. I like your humor! P.S. I heard CSI sucks. We'll have to talk.

Unknown said...

I think you need to change your profile now so it reads: "just trying to touch base with family and friends". By the way, I want to send you something in an e-mail about Kevin Bacon's warehouse scene in Footloose but I don't know your e-mail address so if you're looking to make yourself feel big by laughing at others, let me know.
Mac

Libby said...

I'd say that Nate might also be a dork. But he's definitely not a dweeb, or dwib as Anna says.