Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm helping him out this year

I've realized and come to grips with the fact that Nate doesn't really care for Valentines day. Truthfully, it's not my favorite holiday either but I still think we have to acknowledge the day. This year I decided to help Nate out. I left the following note where he could see it.

Valentines Day Expectations
1. Shave
2. Love note (3 sentence requirement)
3. Fountain drink & chocolate object
4. Help with Campbell

This really will make me the happiest gal on February 14th.

Side note: A lady in Nate's art class calls him grizzly. He thought it was because his beanie has a bear on it. I guess the lady laughed because she didn't notice the bear. She was referring to his scruffieness. He tells me he doesn't shave so he can keep the chicks away. Thanks babe!

6 comments:

Carly said...

Love the note idea, makes sense! That way, everybody is happy ha, ha.

Anonymous said...

Robs,
Seriously, can I borrow the note? Your dad told me this morning he hates Valentines day. He says all men hate Valentines day. The expectation level is just way too high. No matter what they get, it never seems to blow their "Valentine" away. When you get my age, just that he can still remember my name seems good enough. Happy "Valentines Day", Love Momma
PS NAte: Hint..."NO ROSES"

Heather said...

Before we got married Jason told me that he hates "LOVE DAY." Too much pressure. He also hates the overload of jewelry commercials on tv right now. But I am like you, and feel we need to still acknowledge the day. I like your note idea.

Libby said...

Luckily for Peter, my birthday is too close to Valentines. By the time the 14th comes, I'm gifted and evented out. This is one of the few times my poor hubby gets a break from my high-maintenance-ness.

Libby said...

Another thing-I hope people aren't confused by the term "grizzly" with reference to Nate's facial hair. Because he never really has a full beard. It's more like a "is that guy a little bit homeless" or "does he have something stuck to his face" sparse kind of a look. It is a bit yikes if you ask me. But we still love him!

Molly said...

Wow. It's only taken you a couple of years to figure out what I still haven't figured out 5 years later...Just tell them what you want and don't expect them to "read your mind". Smart girl. LOL...oh sorry. JK! :)
I don't think anyone really likes Valentine's Day, it's not my favorite. The only reason I look forward to it every year is because of the giant sugar cookie I get from my dad. Yum.