Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm pretty amazing

Today I carried more weight than I ever thought was humanly possible. I put the straps of my diaper bag under each armpit and converted it to a backpack. I carried a jello salad with my right hand and I carried Campbell in her carseat with my left hand. Picture me in 3 inch heels walking up a steep driveway and then walking up a flight of stairs. When I got to the top I was huffing and puffing but I said under my breath..."I'm pretty amazing." Looking back at my acheivment it really was a dumb thing to do. I could have hurt myself or worse, my little Campbell. Now my back is killing me. I feel more stupid than amazing.

P.S. I'm still kind of proud I carried so much stuff.

10 comments:

Libby said...

Where was Nate at this moment? What a nerd! I do think you're amazing though. I hate making multiple trips to and from the car. Back in my nanny days, they called me One Trip Lib because I would get all of the groceries in one go!

Libby said...

However, I never accomplished such a feat in 3 inch high heels!

Nikki said...

I love to picture this moment. It's amazing what we're capable of when we're put to the test. Being a mom is all about carrying loads isn't it?
You crack me up. Your posts always make my day. Short, sweet, and so funny. I love you Rob.

Carly said...

Just wait until you fly, you will surpass all expectations you had of yourself (especially if you ever go alone with Campbell).

Molly said...

I love that you say stuff out loud, but under your breath! I'm also impressed that you could even walk in 3 inch heels, let alone do all that other stuff in them! Go Rob!

shelby said...

I really love days I get to go somewhere holding nothing in my hands but me keys. It doesn't happen very often though!! Who needs to lift weights when you can carry that many things at once that is true talent!!!

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention that you could have dropped the jello salad.

Anonymous said...

Robin,
I am not surprised. You have muscles that have always been well defined. I think you handle your heels pretty good. It is all that practice you had in your single days climbing flights of stairs at the Brigham apartments. I'm evem more impressed that you made a jello salad. Way to go Robs!!
Love momma

Kim said...

Sheer talent!

Heather said...

you are pretty amazing!!!