Wednesday, December 12, 2007

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

There is a light at the end of the baby tunnel. I have been trying to go to Target almost my entire maternity leave. Campbell has not wanted to cooperate. I even drove to the Target in centerville so that C would be sure to fall asleep. She did fall asleep on the way there but as soon as I opened the car door she started screaming. Yeah, I just drove home. I know it's okay if your kid cries at the store but I am new at this and it just seemed like C's cry was worse than any cry I have ever heard. Nate and I call it her "cat cry" because it sounds like you stepped on a cat's tail. Today I decided it was time to try again. I fed my sweet little nugget and then we headed out the door. She was soooooo good! She was awake too. I even left my list at home but I didn't care. I was just happy to be there. It might just be a simple trip to Target but for me it represents life getting a little easier.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Congratulations to you! I hope there are many more pleasant Target trips to follow

Carly said...

Cheers to you lady! Glad you were able to get out and that she was so good. I love that feeling...

Nikki said...

I'm so happy for you Robin. You deserve a peaceful outing with the baby. And I hope there are many more to come!