Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Baby update

There is no update. I went to the doctor today and it was optional to get checked. I was feeling rather lazy so I just went with the ultrasound. Anywho... 2 weeks ago I was dialated to a 1 and 80% effaced. The next week when I went in there was no change. So...yeah I decided to bypass the check this time. Everything looks good though. I'm 37 weeks 4 days. It seems like I was 36 weeks 2 weeks ago so I am definitely getting ahead of myself. Sleeping is still comfortable but I struggle getting in and out of my car. Oh, and I am still refusing to take the elevator at work but it is a little embarrassing huffing and puffing up the staircase. Thank goodness for the railing.
I have two things I am looking forward to. First, the baby of course. I can't wait to see what she looks like and I'm excited to be a mom. Second, I can't wait to have time off from work. I have had a full-time job since I was 18 years old so it will be weird to not "go to work." I know, I know, motherhood is work too...it's different though, right? Please tell me it's different.
Still working on the whole childcare situation. I pray everything works out. Well, that's a wrap.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robs,
It is work that never ends, but it is love that grows and grows. There is nothing that equals a mothers love. I ma excited for you! Love momma

Molly said...

Yes, it is work, but it's totally different than "going to work". It is SOOOO much better. I would rather stay home with Macy any day, than "go to work". It's still hard work...especially the first few weeks...but it's for YOUR baby instead of something dumb your boss wants you to do. It's a different kind of work, and as you can tell from my ramblings, it's kind of hard to explain! You'll understand soon!!!

the Rabes said...

Oh my gosh it is getting so close! I can't wait to see her. Yes... it is so nice to be away from work for a while. The only thing I missed at CSI was you. Truly..Well good luck. I am so excited for you!

Cole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Robin!! I had no idea you are expecting!! That is so great!!! Congrats!! I am so excited for you!! I hope all is swell for you! Much love! Staci

Nikki said...

Being a mom has got to be the hardest job, but it's the best. You don't have anyone telling you what to do. You're in charge. Plus you get to learn fun things. It's great. I can't wait for you.