Friday, July 20, 2007

Bad Attitude

Nate and I sort of struggle with our church calling. We are Young Single Adult advisors in our ward. No one ever comes to the activities and I probably wouldn't either if I was young and single. As sad as that sounds, it's true. Tonight was the ward campout and the YSA's were asked to put together a fish pond for the kids. So, like always the Young Singles didn't show but Nate and I were there. The night started out rough but it got better as time went on. Nate was so entertaining to listen to. I was behind the pond and Nate was out front with the kids. The kids couldn't choose their prize it was just kind of random. A demanding child approached the pond and started making requests. Nate said to him "You know this isn't Santas lap, you have to take what you get." What a hoot. After it was all over Nate told me how annoyed he was with some of the kids. I would have never guessed it because he was so cute with them. When it was all over we both agreed that it wasn't that bad and it was even kind of fun.

2 comments:

Carly said...

I agree, Nate is hilarious. As far as callings go, I have had some winners in my time too. Hang in there kids.

Anonymous said...

Robin,
Be thankful....You could have the SunBeams. Talk to your sister Nikki about that one. Nate must keep you entertained, he entertains us when he comes to dinner. love momma